Thursday, July 12, 2018

Week 3


Topic 1 –
I follow Nordstrom on Instagram, which is a clothing brand. They post their clothes on their site with tags on the picture that allows you to see the price and then click on the price if you want to go to their website and potentially buy the product. This is a quick, easy step that allows customers to go to their website and shop. The target audience is mostly women (at least that is what their Instagram pictures are mostly of) between the ages of sixteen and sixty-five would be a rough estimate. If I was a co-owner of Nordstrom, I would have a lot of celebrities wearing my clothing brand, because their outfits are always a hit to their followers. Each follower always wants to know where they got their top or where their jeans are from. Having celebrities represent your company is a huge boost for a brand.
Topic 2 –
Good ad:
The ad was a vitamin intake by a celebrity who was convincing her followers to try what she had been trying. However, it was a paid partnership, so she was getting paid to speak on behalf of the vitamin company. It was interesting and intriguing though – especially when coming from someone who has a platform. I was extremely interested in it, and I actually clicked on the website to look more in depth. The target audience was all women because she had stated that in the beginning of her video. The age for this specific ad was probably girls ages 18-35 years. This ad was on an Instagram story, so it was only visible for 24 hours.

Bad ad:
The specific ad popped up when I was playing my “color road” game. This is a 30 second ad that pops up when I want to buy more stuff for my game, and I must sit through the ad bored as can be and watch it. This is a bad ad. It doesn’t interest me. I watch the ads because I have to. They are almost all other games you can download on your phone. They do this because they know the audience are those who like to play games on their phone, so the ad tries to lure you in. This ad didn’t work for me though because I am not a gamer; I was bored and happened to pull my phone out and start playing the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment